• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram

  • DREAM CREAMS

    I usually have a pretty simple skincare routine: Nivea face wipe,  Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser face wash, then Simple Rich Moisturiser and Vaseline on the lips. On the weekends, I like to use a Tea Tree face scrub (loving Boots own brand) and a bit of Witchazel if I've tidied the brows. However, every now and then little gems (usually from my Mum's dressing table) sneak their way into my hands.

     I always leave Boots with far more products than I intended (or need). I go in for wax strips; come out with 5 new nail polishes. I desperately need new deodorant; I leave with fake eyelashes, a body scrub and some baby oil. I think Boots has a plan to gradually suck away all my money, as I can't seem to stop buying cosmetics. Having said this, their own brand "No.7" is very reasonably priced, and unlike some products that claim miracles and reel in gullible beauty addicts with fancy packaging and slogans, I've found No.7 products *gulp* do what they say on the tin.


    My two faves at the moment are the 'Lift and Luminate' day cream, and the 'Protect and Perfect' serum. As usual, these products started out in my mother's make-up bag. One day I noticed my Mum's skin looked particularly nice; I thought she had used a primer similar to MAC's strobe cream on her face and decolletage. No, she replied, it's this new face cream from Boots. I've used the 'Lift and Luminate' cream and can confirm the results work on both older and younger skins: I was left with the sought after 'dewy' look similar to some primers and reminiscent of YSL's 'Touche Eclat' - a perfect base for make-up. Yes, the product is aimed at older women and claims to be an 'anti-ageing' cream but honestly, it works just as well as a decadent moisturiser with the added benefit of SPF 15 and UVA protection. Win. The cream gave a very subtle pinkish glow to my skin: think a rich (but not oily) moisturiser mixed with Benefit's 'Moonbeam' highlighter. Before you shake your head and say 'I don't want a glittery face' try to get a sample from the No.7 counter at you nearest Boots, the larger ones usually have them. Trust me, I hate beauty products that make me look like an extra from 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'.

    This is what the boffins at Boots say:
    "No7 Lift & Luminate Day & Night Serum targets the three key signs of ageing for 45+ women. It incorporates clinically proven Protect & Perfect technology to target wrinkles, skin firmness and new technology to target uneven pigmentation and age spots."





    The second product is a cult favourite. I remember when they first brought it out, and women up and down the country were causing stores to sell out as they bought this product in bulk, with Boots selling 13 bottle a minute.

    The 'Protect and Perfect' serum comes in a small frosted glass pump bottle, and makes skin feel like silk. Really. I've never had a facial, but I can imagine this is how your skin feels after indulging in such luxuries. My skin feels even, smooth and very very soft. Again, I find this a great base for make-up, especially around the eyes. It is not too heavy (another of my beauty pet-hates) and it doesn't sit on the skin but sinks in just enough. Boffin time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvM6ehuohCA

    Ok, so No.7 isn't dirt cheap, but the difference between these products and others is that they work. The 'Protect and Perfect' serum is £23 for 30 mls, not bargainous, but worth it as you only need a tiny blob each time. The 'Lift and Luminate' day cream (also available as a night cream) is £23 for 50mls. Even better, Boots often has a '3 for 2' offer on No.7 skincare, making these beauties even cheaper. Buy here.

    Obviously, everyone has different skin types, so what works for me won't necessarily be right for other people. But I have pretty normal skin (combination, slightly oily around the T-zone) and I love these creams. And no, I'm definitely not being paid/given samples to say this!

    So don't be put off by the products claiming to be 'anti-ageing' or for older skins. Yes, they may have these benefits (you're never to young to start taking care of wrinkles) but the other added features make these No.7 creams worth my hard-earned cash.


    Oh, and the advert's quite cute too : )


    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    Search This Blog

    Total Pageviews

    Bonjour

    My photo
    London, United Kingdom
    Sharing things I have a soft spot for and blogging about life as a Graduate Follow me on Instagram @ceb225 Follow me on Twitter @CarolineButten