• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram

  • GRAD LIFE



    So, as you can tell, it's been a year since I've graduated, and almost a year since I last blogged.

    It's not that I haven't wanted to, but that age-old excuse: time.

    When I last posted, I had just started an internship in luxury lifestyle PR in central London, which kept my on my toes from 8.30 in the morning to 7 at night. I had a fantastic 6-months and learnt so much, gaining invaluable experience. I would like to think that when not working, I hopped around London trying the latest bars and restaurants and living the high life, but as a poorly paid intern, this wasn't the case. Although my job required me to be aware of the latest trends in luxury lifestyle in London and around the globe, at this point I could only dream. However I was lucky enough to attend various exhibitions, venues and shows through work, so it's not all bad.

    This was partly because last September, I made the big decision to save up and go travelling around Asia for 3 months the following year. So, once my internship finished on January 31st, I moved back home and from February 1st, worked two jobs to fund my trip. It was difficult; I sometimes worked a full day shift in store and went straight to the bar to waitress until 1am. But it was worth it, and taught me a lot about being driven and working hard for what you want - and keeping a smile on your face despite being stressed and exhausted!

    So mid-May this year, I packed my bags and set off for India with my boyfriend. From there, we took in Nepal (peaceful), Bangkok (frenetic), China (awe-inspiring), Hong Kong (humid) and Bali (relaxing).



    I realise if I were to write one long post detailing my trip, it would take a month of Sundays to read. So I've decided to split up posts by country, because each destination deserves its own place to be remembered.

    Next up; be prepared for the wonderful, hot, dry, upsetting, joyful, dirty, peaceful, gorgeous and confusing cultural slap in the face that is India - a place I've affectionately nicknamed 'Marmite Country'. I promise I won't leave it so long next time.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    Search This Blog

    Total Pageviews

    Bonjour

    My photo
    London, United Kingdom
    Sharing things I have a soft spot for and blogging about life as a Graduate Follow me on Instagram @ceb225 Follow me on Twitter @CarolineButten