• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram

  • The Londoner's "EPIC FISH TACOS"

    As many of my friends will tell you, one of my favourite bloggers out there is The Londoner. Rosie manages to appear friendly and approachable, and posts interesting restaurant and travel reviews and snippets from her personal life alongside an array of exciting and tasty recipes. Although her amazing trips make me insanely jealous, she seems like a pretty good blogger role model to me.

    Ok, so enough blogger love. I recently tried out her 'Epic Fish Tacos', the original post for which is here. I was tired of only using tortilla wraps for fajitas, and of chicken being pretty much the only meat I ate. I was intrigued by how to make my own guacamole, and loved the look of the marinade the white fish went into. So I attempted Rosie's recipe, with surprisingly good results! It's pretty easy to do, and makes a fresh, healthy change from usual wrap-inspired recipes.

    According to Rosie, to feed 2 people you will need:


    4 small filets white fish
    coriander
    garlic
    2 limes
    Rock salt
    1 avocado
    1 red onion
    pea shoots/watercress
    cherry tomatoes
    tortilla wraps


    Plus: a bowl to marinate the fish in, a non-stick frying pan and I also used a food processor.



    I got my fish from the fresh fish counter at Sainsbury's. If you're unsure of which type to buy, tell the fishmonger what you're making and they will help you decide which fish will be best. For this recipe, you want something that will flake easily and absorb the flavours of the marinade well. I went for Cod, but Haddock would work too.


    I followed Rose's advice and crushed up the garlic, lime, coriander, olive oil and rock salt. Having placed the pieces of fish into a bowl, I covered them with the resulting marinade and rubbed it into the fillets. I then left it in the fridge for half an hour.


    I put the hob on a high heat and let the non-stick frying pan get really hot. Rose points out that you don't need more oil to fry the fish in at this point, as the marinade already contains olive oil. I carefully added the fish (which I'd cut into smaller pieces) and lightly cooked until it started to brown on one side, then turned it over as it became a bit flakey. The smell as the fish cooked was delicious, really fresh, citrusy and mouth-watering.


    Rose hand makes her guacamole, but as I'd received a food processor for Christmas (sad as this is it was my favourite present) I wanted to make use of it. I added my avocado, a handful of cherry tomatoes, garlic (differing from Rose's recipe), lemon juice, salt and red onion and pulsed a few times until I had a relatively smooth paste. If you like a chunky guac, stick with Rose's method.

      
    To make Rose's sauce I mixed creme fraiche, mayonnaise and a tiny bit of Tabasco hot sauce: I don't usually like too much heat so was a bit of a wuss at this point!


    I piled all the ingredients into a fresh tortilla wrap and added some watercress salad to finish. It was a really yummy meal and an easy recipe to follow. If you fancy something different in the kitchen, why not give it a try?


    All credit here goes to Rosie The Londoner. Check out more of her recipes here
    All photos are my own.

    TTFN
    x




    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    Search This Blog

    Total Pageviews

    Bonjour

    My photo
    London, United Kingdom
    Sharing things I have a soft spot for and blogging about life as a Graduate Follow me on Instagram @ceb225 Follow me on Twitter @CarolineButten