• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram

  • MET GALA 2013

    I've been catching up on the latest from the Met Gala 2013 in my revision breaks, and have been lusting after the fantastic sartorial creations sported by the punked-up A-Listers attending the event. I hated Kim Kardashian's gloved monstrosity of a dress, thought Beyoncé's Givenchy get-up was a bit tacky, and really disliked Kristen Stewart's Stella McCartney silk 'onesie' (HOW has she been voted Glamour's best dressed woman?!). Let's not even talk about Madonna or Miley Cyrus's hair. I loved SJP and her spiked Philip Treacy mohican and daring Giles Deacon dress, the tiny Nicole Richie in Topshop couture and her sprayed white hairdo, and Sienna Miller looking gorgeous in a white Burberry dress with silver spikes in her hair. But the outfit I loved most has to be the Prabal Gurung dress worn by the beautiful Emma Watson. Although it didn't reflect the theme in a huge way, it was striking and elegant, despite the train catching in her high heels at one point. Her hair and make-up complimented the dress's simple style and made Emma look fresh-faced and effortlessly glamorous. I would love to find something like this, if a little less daring, for Grad Ball or one of the many 21st Birthday parties I have lined up in the Summer - oh well, a girl can dream!

    Nicole Richie in Topshop Couture

    Emma Watson in Prabal Gurung

    Miley Cyrus in Marc Jacobs

    Givenchy Haute Couture by Riccardo Tisci 

    Beyoncé in Givenchy

    Sienna Miller in Burberry

    Paloma Faith looking spectacular in Michael Cinco

    All photos from dailymail.co.uk

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    Search This Blog

    Total Pageviews

    Bonjour

    My photo
    London, United Kingdom
    Sharing things I have a soft spot for and blogging about life as a Graduate Follow me on Instagram @ceb225 Follow me on Twitter @CarolineButten