• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram

  • Smashbox HIGH DEFINITION FOUNDATION

    So once again, my dissertation took over my life and kept me away from my blog. But the dreaded "culmination of my work at university" is now handed in and out of my life - until my degree score comes in of course! I have one exam left, and after that I'm back home to celebrate with my mum. A holiday for two in Turkey sounds like exactly what I need after months of stress and hard work, and will mean I won't be hanging around Exeter annoying house-mates who still have multiple exams.


    Reminiscing about last year's trip to Oman...

    I thought I'd start off with a review of some foundation I recently got my hands on. As anyone who reads this blog will know, my go-to foundation is MAC's Studiofix in NC20 - I swear by it. I find it gives the right amount of coverage and is easily blended into the skin, and I won't go anywhere without it. Having said this, I recently received a Smashbox high-definition foundation, and thought I'd give it a whirl considering that I love their primers.


    I liked the lighter consistency of the Smashbox foundation, and it does spread and blend easily. The coverage is average: I always tend to opt for foundations that will mask my uneven skin tone, and this doesn't do as good a job as MAC or Bobbi Brown. Having said this, it would make a great choice for a summer foundation, when you don't need anything as thick. I would say that the product gives a smooth and 'dewy' finish, but I had to blot with powder as if I applied a bit too much, it left my face looking a little shiny. I found it great as a touch up concealer for small blemishes and under eye bags. It seems to have lasted for quite a while, and you only need a small pump from the bottle each time. I prefer the packaging to MAC's as it is much lighter and has an in-built pump dispenser, whereas with MAC products you have to buy the pump separately. 

    I won't be switching from my favourite MAC product, but maybe for the Summer (and my upcoming holiday) I'll try mixing the two for a lighter finish, together with a little highlighter or Benefit "That Gal" primer.

    Hope everyone at University is coping with exam and essay stress - don't worry, it won't last forever.

    TTFN
    xx

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    Search This Blog

    Total Pageviews

    Bonjour

    My photo
    London, United Kingdom
    Sharing things I have a soft spot for and blogging about life as a Graduate Follow me on Instagram @ceb225 Follow me on Twitter @CarolineButten